Super News! "Man of Steel" and "Smallville" Tidbits
Melissa WilsonView all articles by Melissa Wilson
I asked him if he was a part of the sequel because everything I have seen says [Bryan] Singer and [Dan] Harris are writing the script and that he isn't mentioned. He confirmed that he is writing it with the two just like the last picture. I then expressed to him that I was hoping the delays of Superman: The Man of Steel weren't true. He said that they were on track and that the goal is still to have the movie out in the Summer of 2009. He seemed a little hesitant about it but did his best to try and reassure that it will get done by then.
So in true sequel fashion, the villain numbers start getting upped to show how cool the hero is. 'Cause we didn't already know. Anyway, as the casting reports start coming in, we'll keep you posted.
Over in the cornfields of Kansas, more Supergirl news. Helen Slater, who played the Maid of Steel back in the '80s, is going to play Kara's aunt when the new Supergirl arrives in Smallville. Since Kara is actually Kryptonian, it's likely that her aunt adopted (or will adopt) her much as Lana's aunt adopted her as a child. Variety reports that Slater will be in episode six of the new season. Also appearing this season will be Dean Cain, so once again, we're chock full of cameos.
Spread The Word
- Movie Review - Ghost Rider: The Spirit Of Vengeance (2012)
- Movie Review (counter) - The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader (2010)
- Video Game Review - Ghostbusters: The Video Game
- Calling all Browncoats!
- Graphic Novel/Manga Review--In Odd We Trust
- Review: Moonlight, "Arrested Development"
- Faces Familiar, Faces Fresh, Faces Fiennes
- Spoilers all around for the Whoniverse
- Review: Smallville -- "Cure"
- TV Goodies: "Eureka" Renewed, Plus a "Smallville" Casting Spoiler
- More JLA Casting News
- TV News: Dean Cain Flies to 'Smallville,' While 'New Amsterdam' Is Benched for a While
- Supergirl Flies to 'Smallville'
- Wonder Woman Meets "Smallville": Lynda Carter to Guest