Melissa WilsonView all articles by Melissa Wilson
New Line and Picturehouse have aquired the rights to "The King of Kong" a documentary premiering at Slamdance tonight, reports Variety. The film follows the rivalry between two gamers, Steve Wiebe and Billy Mitchell, as they battle for the title of "Donkey Kong" world champion.
Picturehouse won the rights to distribute the documentary this summer, while New Line will fast-track a feature remake and distribute the documentary world-wide. Seth Gordon (The Problem With Percival, "Clone High") who directed the original film is attached to direct the feature. Beau Bauman (Cry Wolf) and Ed Cunningham are attached as producers.
Spread The Word
- Movie Review - Ghost Rider: The Spirit Of Vengeance (2012)
- Movie Review (counter) - The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader (2010)
- Video Game Review - Ghostbusters: The Video Game
- Calling all Browncoats!
- Graphic Novel/Manga Review--In Odd We Trust
- Film Review: "IRL (In Real Life)"
- Faces Familiar, Faces Fresh, Faces Fiennes
- Spoilers all around for the Whoniverse
- Journeyman Episode 4 Review -- "The Year of the Rabbit"
- Open Thread: EW's Top 25 SF TV Shows and Movies in the Last 25 Years
- Daily Fanfic Rec: The Moon-Ruled (Card Captor Sakura)
- 'Waitress' Has Release Date
- Stephen King's 1408