View all articles by CP Cochran
According to The Hollywood Reporter, The CW has ordered four additional episodes of Supernatural to air starting April 24. The last of the show's pre-strike episodes airs this Thursday, February 21. On February 28, as previously reported, The CW will move its horror-comedy Reaper into Supernatural's Thursday night time slot with Smallville as the lead-in. TV Guide's Michael Ausiello confirmed with a network representative that they intend to go ahead with the schedule change.
Supernatural averages around 3 million viewers per week, which makes it a solid part of The CW's line-up. The network has taken some criticism from both fans and the media for not advertising the show enough. With tie-in novels, a comic book series, and a dedicated viewership, it seems likely Supernatural will get to stick around. Whether the show will be renewed for season four for certain will likely have to wait until the upfronts, when networks present their 2008-2009 seasons. The CW's will be held May 15 in New York City at Madison Square Garden.
Supernatural airs Thursdays, 9 ET/8 CT on The CW.
The Hollywood Reporter
Spread The Word
- Movie Review - Ghost Rider: The Spirit Of Vengeance (2012)
- Movie Review (counter) - The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader (2010)
- Video Game Review - Ghostbusters: The Video Game
- Calling all Browncoats!
- Graphic Novel/Manga Review--In Odd We Trust
- Supernatural Returns to Thursdays on April 3
- Supernatural Season Four Confirmed
- Interview: Sera Gamble, Producer and Writer for "Supernatural"
- Review: Supernatural -- “Jus In Bello”
- DVD Review—Invisible Man
- NBC: Television Season Goes Year-Round
- Manga Review—Catching Up with Horror Manga
- Review: Supernatural -- “Mystery Spot”
- Review: Supernatural -- "Dream a Little Dream of Me"
- Supernatural News Roundup: More EyeCon, More Monsters
- Eric Kripke Spills a Few Beans
- A Peek At the New Supernatural Episodes
- Supernatural Magazine #2 and EyeCon News