Kristen is a theatre major currently in her last year as a college undergrad, planning to pursue a career as a stage manager. In addiction to theatre she has a deep interest in writing and in fandom.View all articles by Kristen Kilar
CBS Chief Moonves Wants to Get Back to Table With Writers (article): CBS chief Les Moonves has hinted that CBS is trying to restart negotiations with the WGA.
'No show' for WGA winners, for now (article): WGAw has announced the information that they will be announcing their WGA winners on February 9 but not holding a show. WGAe has not yet come to a decision.
Breaking News: WGA Close To Deal With Weinstein Co. (blog post): The WGA may be close to an interim agreement with the Weinstein Co. If it goes forward, it will be the second independent studio deal reached so far.
DGA Not Giving In To Congloms (blog post): The DGA has found themselves in the same position as the WGA as the AMPTP continues to fight against a fair deal for new media.
How Many Striking Writers Can David Letterman Get Into A Jamba Juice (YouTube video): A clip of the Late Show With David Letterman from Monday, Jan 7, in which Letterman talks about the WGA strike and tests how many writers can be fit into a Jamba Juice store.
Hanks urges end to writers' strike (article): Actor Tom Hanks speaks to Reuters about his desire to see the AMPTP return to the table to negotiate in good faith with the WGA to get the Academy Awards back on the air.
NBC U Exec: $1 Billion in Digital Revenue By End of Year (blog post): Beth Comstock, NBC Universal's president of Integrated Media, has made a public statement that she expects the company to pull in $1 billion this year from digital revenue, contradicting the claim the AMPTP has been giving to the WGA all along that there's no way to judge how much money will be made off the Internet.
Writers Strike is War (article): An op-ed in the LA Times speaks out in support of the writers' cause, but against the independent deals being made.
Fox Employee Snaps, Assaults Picketer (blog post): United Hollywood recounts the story of Rene Balcer ("Law & Order" showrunner), who was assaulted by a Fox employee as he legally picketed the executive gate.
Writers' Strike: Why Is It Dragging On? (article): EW.
Payroll Company Is Casualty Of Writers Strike (article): The NY Post reports on Axium International, an entertainment payroll and accounting company, filing for bankruptcy. Sources cited the production halt caused by the WGA strike as the tipping point.
Good News For WGA and CBS News (article): WGAe has announced an interim deal with CBS News, covering 500 news writers, editors, desk assistants, production assistants, and graphic artists working for the network.
ABC confident Oscar telecast will air (article): Reuters reports on the networks confidence that the Academy Awards telecast will air as planned, and is not planning to offer contigencies to advertisers for lower ratings.
NBC Can't Spin New-Look Globes (article): E! Online discusses the retooled Golden Globe awards, stars' reactions, and the network's line of defense. Also includes the now-infamous comment by NBC co-chief Ben Silverman comparing the writers' strike to the "nerdiest, ugliest, meanest kids in the high school [...] trying to cancel the prom."
Dear Ben Silverman: Prom Is Not Canceled (blog post): In a reaction against Ben Silverman's statement to E! News, United Hollywood is participating in holding "The Benjamin Silverman High Winter Prom" at NBC studios on January 17th from 11AM to 2PM. All are invited to attend in prom formalwear.
ACTIONS: WGA - Send Message to Peter Chernin & FDL - Tell Viacom/Comedy Central Execs to Make a Fair Deal (blog post): The WGA has created a TAKE ACTION page to make it easier for fans to contact the people in charge and express their wish to see the writers treated fairly in negotiations.
Send an I-Report: CNN.com is asking viewers to send in their thoughts about the strike and the shows that are coming back. Take this chance to stand up for the writers.
Fans4Writers Silent Auction: Bid on rare merchandise from shows like House, Reno 911, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Two and A Half Men, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, LOST, Numb3rs, and more, and help raise money towards the Fans4Writers advertising campaign.
We're back (blog post): United Hollywood formally announces their return from being marked a "spam blog" and locked out of blogspot.
Spread The Word
- Movie Review - Ghost Rider: The Spirit Of Vengeance (2012)
- Movie Review (counter) - The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader (2010)
- Video Game Review - Ghostbusters: The Video Game
- Calling all Browncoats!
- Graphic Novel/Manga Review--In Odd We Trust
- Staring To Wrap Things Up - WGA Links Through Feb. 18
- The Strike Is Over - WGA Strike Links Through Feb. 12
- Almost There: WGA Strike Links Through Feb. 10
- We're Almost There: WGA Strike Links Through Feb. 6
- A Creative Union: WGA Strike Links Through Feb. 2
- It Has To Be The Right Deal: WGA Strike Links Through Jan. 30
- We're All In This Together: WGA Strike Links Through Jan. 27
- Pencils Down Means Pencils Down: WGA Strike Links Through Jan. 24
- One Day Stronger: WGA Strike Links Through Jan. 21
- Quiet On Set: WGA Strike Links Through Jan. 18
- Breaking News: DGA Reaches Agreement With AMPTP
- Can't Act A Blank Page: WGA Strike Links Through Jan. 15
- The Show Must Go On - WGA Strike Links Through Jan. 12
- Viacom: "Our fans are already there (But We Can't Admit It Before the Oscars Are Cancelled)"
- Strike Makes More Waves: Golden Globes Go Under
- Writers United Will Never Be Deleted - WGA Strike Links Through Jan. 07
- No More Freepeats - WGA Strike Links Through Jan. 04
- Fans Scribe Message in the Sky: "Support the Writers"
- Fighting For A Fair Deal - WGA Strike Links Through Dec. 30
- The Show Must Go On - WGA Strike Links Through Dec. 26
- Santa Supports The WGA - Strike Links Through Dec. 21
- The House Is Not Divided - WGA Strike News Through Dec. 19
- Strike Support - WGA Strike Links Through Dec. 17
- We're All On The Same Page - WGA Strike Links Through Dec. 13
- A Compelling Position from AMPTP.com
- PRESS RELEASE: Virtual Mall Nets $55 for Actor's Fund
- The Writers' Strike & You - WGA links through Dec. 10
- All For One - WGA Strike Links Through Dec. 6
- WGA Residuals Support Public Schools: Strike Links Through Dec. 4
- Join the Justice League: Buy the Sounds of Smallville and Support Striking Writers
- Union Solidarity - WGA Strike Links Through Dec. 1
- We're All On The Same Page - WGA Strike Links Through Nov. 29
- David And Goliath - WGA Strike Links Through Nov. 27
- The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword - WGA Strike Links Through Nov. 25
- "Life" Fans' Survival Guide - Strike Season
- Project "Call The Networks" Is A Go
- Solidarity With Writers: Links Through Nov. 23rd
- Speechless - WGA strike links through Nov. 21
- In Support of the Writer's Strike